Mar
31

Writing it up….

So, things are getting intense – my thesis is due in two weeks! – but at the same time, there’s not too much to say.  Last week, though, I did go to the Middle Atlantic Archaeological Conference in Virginia Beach, along with a few other undergraduates and grad students who are working with my advisor.  We’re all working on different projects related to the same site, so we all presented our research in one session, super early in the morning.  It was very exciting!  Very nerve-wracking too – I’ve never been to a professional conference before, much less presented a paper at one.  But it went well in the end, and one of the archaeologists who attended our session even asked for a copy of my paper!  Which made me feel incredibly flattered.  And it was also a beautiful day, and the hotel in which the conference was being held was right on the beach, so that was great too.  All in all, a good day!

Anyway, back to how things are getting intense.  Two weeks!!!!  Why???  How did this happen???  I know it will all be worth it in the end…but writing up the paper is incredibly stressful somehow!  I know I’ve done a lot of good work, but presenting it all in an organized manner without over- or understating things is very difficult.  Let’s not even talk about the defense just yet.  Did I mention the thesis is due in two weeks?  Let me go get cracking.  But…next time I post, I’ll be done!