Mar
10

Colloquium and spring break!

Sadly, today is the last day of what has been a very relaxing and needed spring break in South Beach Miami. I’ll miss the long days on the beach, exploring this incredibly interesting city and the culture that makes Miami such an international hotspot for relaxation. It was truly an amazing way to spend break and in some ways  it was a way to reward myself for all the hard work I’ve done up to this point–but I’m long from being done. As break comes to an end, the realization that my thesis is due in just about a month is very frightening, but also exciting at the same time.

The week before break was incredibly stressful but was also incredibly rewarding academically and extracurricularly. During the week I was juggling organizing and teaching a dance workshop, 1 midterm exam, 1 paper, 1 site model presentation and of course my honors colloquium presentation. Overall, the honors colloquium was an amazing experience. It was great to be able to have the time and space to share my research with friends and other students. Preparing for the presentation forced me to work out all of the necessary points to emphasize in my analysis and all in all I think now it will be much easier to finish my thesis. Additionally, the colloquium was great experience for my defense in May. As I return to campus tomorrow, leaving behind this land of sun & beautiful beaches, I’ll be diving straight into my work. Wish me luck!

34 days left.