Apr
30

The Impact of Social Pressure on Political Conformity

Welcome!

My name is Taylor Feenstra and I will be updating this blog periodically as I work on my honors thesis.  I’m a rising senior at the College majoring in Public Policy and Psychology. My research aims to connect the two and I am very interested in connecting principles and methods from psychology to political phenomena.  My thesis examines political conformity, specifically looking at the conditions that lead individuals to lie about their true political views just to match those of the group.  I am very excited for this opportunity and look forward to working on it this summer!

I’d also like to take a moment to sincerely thank everyone who has made this project possible.  My advisor, Professor Jaime Settle, has given me incredible support and guidance in developing my study and I am truly thankful to be working with her.  I would also like to thank the other students who work in the Settle Lab for providing feedback on my initial proposal.  This project would not be possible without all of the generous contributions from the Charles Center website and I cannot thank all of the contributors enough. Finally, I owe so much gratitude to my parents and brother for being incredibly supportive of me in all that I do.  I love you so much.

Thank you for your interest in my project and stay tuned for more updates this summer!

1. Kilakks says:

this is awesome, taylor!! you’re the coolest! can’t wait to see where all this project takes you! stay awesome