01

Getting back into it!

Hello all,

Just got back from my little two week vacation and ready to work! This is the first week of summer session 1 and I’m just getting back into the swing of things. I started to familiarize myself with our relatively larger PM 25 magnet with one my of peers Alfredo. He is working on Ultrafast experiments on various samples including Glycerol, Ethylene glycol, and Gouda Cheese! He has been working on traditional CPMG, traditional T2-D, and Ultrafast T2-D and T1-T2 experiments on our larger magnet. I will continue to shadow him so I can get caught up to speed. I hope to learn how to use the PM 25 magnet to run traditional T2-D experiments on my paints to characterize how diffusion is correlated to the T2 relaxation times of these paints.

In the meantime, I have been running traditional CPMG experiments on our smaller PM 5 magnet to acquire T2 relaxation times from my paint samples that I made back in April. I made four samples of each pigment (white, red, and orange). Out of those four samples, two are traditional oil paints (TO) and the other two are water-miscible paints (WMO). I will continue to use these acronyms in the future!

This is all I have for now. Thank you for following up with me if you are. I will keep you guys updated.

Justin Yu

*