Dec
03

Hello December!

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe December is already upon us! I have two more big experiments to wrap up before the end of the semester, and then I’ll head into a month of intensive writing over winter break!

Last time I posted, I mentioned that I was doing an experiment that involved crossing a GFP-tagged tubulin strain into the spe-6 mutant strain, and it turns out the genetic cross was a success! Before I leave for the semester I hope to do a couple of live-imaging sessions to examine tubulin rearrangement dynamics in real-time, which is incredibly exciting (especially since the preliminary images look really cool)! The only downside is that the experiments take a fairly long time to complete, but hopefully my schedule will be a little freer over finals!

You might remember that I spent a lot of time this summer studying polymerized actin structures in spe-6 mutants, which led to the discovery of multinucleate cells at the most proximal end of the gonad. Although I have some really nice images for this experiment, there are a few more things I want to try before I finally write up that section of results, so I’m hoping to carry out a few more of those experiments a little later in December as well!

My last goal before I leave school is to have a finalized outline of my introduction and results sections, so that I have a clear sense of what I’d like to write over break! I’ve been working on drafts of each of these sections all semester, so it will be exciting to take the next step.

In the meantime, have a wonderful month!

*