Jan
09

Firearms Thesis: January Update

Hello everyone! This is going to be a brief January update on my firearms thesis.

As of this morning, I finished my initial edits, woohoo! I also managed to find a second reader–renowned economics professor, Carl Moody! Professor Moody is an expert on American gun policy. Thus, he will bring years of experience and knowledge to my paper (yikes…) I am excited to see what his critical eye finds in my paper, and I know that he will vastly improve the quality of the final product.

Mark you calendars, folks, because I also scheduled a date for my honors defense for late April! I am relieved to have some of the housekeeping details sorted out as the second semester (and Winter Training for swimming) are in full swing. Stay warm, everyone!

1. Congratulations! It seems like everything is going to plan for your thesis. Also, great job on finding Professor Moody. I am taking his time-series econometrics class, and I can tell you that he really knows what he is talking about. Try to use him as much as you can because he truly is a wealth of knowledge and experience (especially on gun policy and research methods). Good luck, and I hope you finish strongly.

*