Jan
31

January Update: Cheers to a New Year and Graduate School Acceptances

Hello everyone! It is great to be back on campus. I have been getting back in the swing of things with both classes and my lab work. I have resumed progress on my project, continuing the experiments I planned out last semester. After the completion of these plans, I will meet with my adviser and map out the rest of the data I need to collect before my defense.

Furthermore, I also made our parent complex with two of my lab mates. It was very nice to be able to follow a protocol from start to finish. This was also the first time I have complexed a catalyst and crystallized, which was very exciting to do.

I have the opportunity to share my work so far at the honors colloquium next month. I am very excited to be able to present on my work and get practice discussing it. It is a great first step in thinking about my upcoming defense. Not only am I presenting at the colloquium, I am also confirming my thesis committee. This will help build momentum as we start to reach the end of my project.

Additionally, I heard back from more universities over break and I was accepted to five graduate programs. I am visiting 4 of the programs to see if I would be a good fit. These programs include UC Irvine, University of Michigan, UNC Chapel Hill and Ohio State. I cannot wait for my first visit to get a sense of what these programs are like.

Exciting times lie ahead; I will update you as we continue. Thank you for your continued support!

*