Aug
02

The Search for Electrocatalysts: July Update

Hi!

It’s been about a month since the last blog update, and I’ve made a lot of progress on some of my syntheses. I have successfully crystalized a few complexes that are active for proton reduction, and some of them also reduce oxygen.  Since that was one goal for the summer, to find more active catalysts, it’s really exciting.

My advisor ordered a new instrument to help characterize the new complexes, and the final parts arrived last week!  I set it up to start analyzing complexes, and ran its first cyclic voltammogram yesterday.  I’m really excited for where the project is going!

William

Speak Your Mind

*