Jun
30

Moving Forward

We have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks.  I have successfully synthesized more of the dianhydride, and we have been refining a synthesis of the diamine so that we can make it in larger quantities, and not start a fire.  I have started work on some other dianhydrides, and if all…
Read More

Jun
14

A Rough Start

Hello All, We are about two weeks in, and it has been a rough start.  Among the things that have broken so far are the Dewar flask, an analytical balance, the shaker, the hood lights, the rotavap, and the SEM.  The shaker and the rotavap I was able to fix, and we have temporarily replaced…
Read More

May
18

Preparing for the Summer

Hello All! I’m getting ready to come back for the summer, and face some brand new challenges, now that I have finished all of the old ones.  Monomer synthesis is set and we are almost through with the crystal structure.  Next step: figuring out how to get high MW polymers.  May the stoichiometry be ever…
Read More